The Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay are currently seeking a Director – Youth Protection. This is a permanent full-time position.
Under the authority of the Executive Director the incumbent exercises their responsibilities as entrusted by the Province of Quebec Youth Protection Act, Civil Rights Act and the Government of Canada Youth Criminal Justice Act. The incumbent ensures the application of these laws within Eeyou Istchee Territory, reporting to the Assistant Executive Director Pimuhteheu for the administrative aspect of their mandate.
The incumbent ensures the definition, planning, and development of the services’ programs, policies and protocols, as well as ensuring the activities related to the Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB) Youth Protection, Youth Criminal Justice, Adoption and Legal Services.
- Ensures the organization complies with the Youth Protection Act and application of the Youth Criminal Justice Act;
- Ensures the operational level management access, leadership, accountability, planning, organization, coordination, implementation, control, supervision, and reporting for all the interventions, services and programs within the YP regional coordination unit and for the professionals under his direct supervision;
- Oversees the implementation of the modifications to practice brought by PL-99 and PL-113 and ensures that training plans are developed and implemented;
- Collaborates with the Commission des droits de la personne et des droits de la jeunesse and the Protecteur du Citoyen in inquiries related to the services;
- Assumes leadership in establishing collaborative relationships between the CBHSSJB and the Court, the Police, the Justice Department, the Cree School Board, Band Councils (municipalities);
- Ensures protocols for collaboration with Youth Healing services, and with First line services are implemented and followed closely;
- Ensures services are given in respect with the Cree Culture;
- Participates on the PL-21 committee responsible for developing specific training for native workers and for non-native workers in native communities in compliance to the requirements of the professional order(s);
- Actively participates in the implementation of the PIJ data management system, including the transfer of data, mobilization and training of staff.
The deadline for all applications is April 24, 2019.
Please forward all resumes to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495