In partnership with Healthcare Excellence Canada, the First Nations Health Managers Association (FNHMA) is pleased to announce that nominations are now open for the Excellence in Health Leadership Award – Innovative Leaders.
The award is designed to recognize those who have exhibited a sincere and long-term commitment and leadership in First Nations health management in Canada. The award will be presented during the FNHMA National Annual Conference and Celebration, on November 2, 2022, in Victoria, BC.
This is your chance to recognize a leader from your organization who demonstrated leadership and resilience by implementing an innovative program or initiative in response to community-specific needs. This might include an innovative approach to management of the ongoing impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, a program to build cultural safety and address racism, or an innovative model of health system improvement.
Nominations based on the award requirements must be submitted to FNHMA.
Eligibility and Criteria
Nominees shall have:
- advanced health management capabilities in First Nations communities;
- demonstrated health leadership and health management expertise in their organization;
- evidence of modeling their own continuous learning and capacity development and support of continuous learning in their employees;
- demonstrated ability to respond and anticipate needs in times of crisis that support the health and wellbeing of the community;
- evidence of work and action dedicated to health system improvement and innovation, particularly during times of crisis; and
- demonstrated innovation and resilience.
In your nomination, please include two letters of support from leadership and/or partners.