This is your chance to recognize a leader from your organization who has trail blazed outstanding achievements in First Nations health management!
In partnership with the Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement (CFHI), the First Nations Health Managers Association (FNHMA) announces that nominations for the ‘Excellence in Health Leadership Award’ are now open. The award is designed to recognize those who have exhibited a sincere and long-term commitment as well as leadership in First Nations health management in Canada.
The recipient of the award will receive a complimentary conference registration, a contribution to travel costs and accommodation, as well as invited to receive their ‘Excellence in Health Leadership Award’ at the FNHMA Annual Convocation and Awards Ceremony.
Nominations must be submitted to FNHMA based on the award requirements.
Eligibility and Criteria:
Nominees must be members of FNHMA in good standing at the time of nomination, and shall have:
- advanced health management capabilities in First Nation communities;
- demonstrated health leadership and health management expertise in their organization;
- evidence of modeling his/her own continuous learning and capacity development and supports continuous learning in his/her employees; and
- evidence of work and action dedicated to health system improvement and innovation.
The application must include:
Reasons for the Nomination:
A one to two-page document outlining why the nominee is deserving of the award, how the nominee has satisfied the eligibility and criteria and the following information about the Nominee:
- Telephone number
- Name and signature of two FNHMA members in good standing supporting the nomination. (Support from an employer can be used in lieu of an FNHMA member.)
- Name and contact information of person submitting the nomination form.
To nominate a candidate for this prestigious award please email or fax an application to Marion Crowe, FNHMA Executive Director at email@example.com or fax: 613-319-8092 by Friday, September 28th, 2018, 5:00pmEST.