Posting # M-2122-0008 Position # 0111
|DEPARTMENT:||Medical Affairs and Services (730405)|
|MANAGEMENT LEVEL:||Senior Manager|
|STATUS:||1 Permanent Full-Time|
|SALARY:||Class 39: Min. $82 111 – Max $ 106 744|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director Medical Affairs and Services (DMAS) and in accordance with all applicable laws for the administration of medical affairs and services the incumbent is responsible for all administrative aspects of Medical Affairs and Services (MAS) Direction. The incumbent contributes through various administrative functions to the functional planning for the two major roles of MAS, that of medical services and university affairs.
The incumbent contributes through various administrative functions to organization, implementation, control and reporting within the DMAS’ jurisdiction of medical services, dentistry, pharmacy, medical laboratory, radiology, nephrology, archives and dialysis services.
- Contributes to the development, implementation and revision of the policies, regulations and procedures necessary for the administrative operation of the medical sector.
- Contributes to the DMAS’ role in the application of the working conditions, contracts and fringe benefits for the medical services staff, as relevant, in collaboration with the Director of Human Resources.
- Contributes to the preparation of the operational and development annual and cyclical objectives for the MAS department.
- Supports the DMAS in the file preparation and execution of mandated Board of Directors Resolutions.
- Ensures the planning, organization and distribution of work in the Direction is based on clientele priorities, in a perspective of quality, effectiveness and efficiency of services.
- Ensures that the services are provided through an approach that is aligned with the CHBSSJB Nishiiyuu Miyupiimatissiun model of care.
- Contributes to the functional planning of the two major roles of MAS, that of medical services, and regional medical and university affairs, including:
- The definition and periodic review of the organization’s strategic plans (mission, goals, management and service philosophies, and orientations), from the perspective of MAS;
- The preparation of the administrative, professional and clinical organizational plan and regional plan for the organization of medical services (PROS) for both general practice and specialty needs, and including medical laboratory, radiology, nephrology and archives services;
- The preparation of functional and technical programs, clinic projects and other development planning, as concerns MAS;
- The preparation of the regional medical human resources plan (PREM-Plan régional d’effectifs médicaux);
- The administrative aspects pertaining to the corridors of services planning and agreements for services from resources outside of the region in order to ensure accessibility to specialized services outside of the region;
- The planning for the continuity and complementarity (integrated, seamless, continuum of care) of the services dispensed by the organization’s medical services with those offered within the organization, and other establishments and other resources within or outside of the region;
- The development of plans for the MAS on the distribution and use of the organization’s funds and budgets in relation to annual and cyclical planning.
- Contributes to the planning for the medical services of dentistry, pharmacy, medical laboratory, radiology, archives and dialysis services. Collaborates also in the planning of Regional Clinical Services Unit, telehealth and management and clinical information systems.
- Collaborates with the Directors of the Regional Hospital and Community Miyupimaatisiiun Centres (CMCs) for responsibilities related to the administrative management of the medical laboratory, radiology, archives, dialysis, and dentistry services.
- 10. Contributes to the implementation and follow-up of agreements made with other establishments or organizations regarding contracts for services, research and training for the MAS’ area of responsibility.
- Contributes to the development and ensures the application of an emergency plan for the medical sector.
- Contributing to the recruitment and selection process for the DMAS’ medical services staff.
- Ensuring teams performance is aligned with the overall objectives of the Direction and assisting Coordinators with performance evaluations.
- Being directly responsible and accountable for the supervision and management of direct reports.
- Ensures the financial management of the Unit.
- Contributes to the accreditation process of the CBHSSJB as a place of education via the accreditation process for colleges, corporations and associations.
- Supports the Council of Physicians, Dentists and Pharmacists (CPDP).
- Oversees compliance and respect of the laws, regulations, ethics, norms policies and procedures for the Direction.
- Ensures that the best practices related to program and staff supervision, standards of quality, standards of practice and Quality Assurance Program are implemented within the Direction.
- Represents the CBHSSJB for the Direction, with internal and external partners (e.g., Union, Band Councils, Cree Nation Government, MSSS and other Health Establishment), when requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Carries out any other function at the request of the Director.
- Bachelor degree in health, public or business administration;
- Masters degree in health, public or business administration is an asset.
- Three (3) years experience in medical/health administration or leadership.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and abilities
- Strong administrative knowledge of the MSSS laws and regulations for medical and health services in the various classes of Establishments;
- Strong administrative related knowledge of the MSSS reseau and its current orientations and operations, including RUIS;
- Administrative related knowledge of secondary and tertiary medical services within the MSSS reseau, for accessibility and corridors of services;
- Strong administrative related knowledge of medical practice, current issues and trends, and program planning and supervision, including the development of policies and programs, information management, and quality assurance systems;
- Good record in an appropriate level of medical or health administration, and; human, financial, and information resources management;
- Excellent critical thinking, planning and organizational skills as applied to planning;
- Ability in administrative related aspects of planning and development of new services and programs;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership and teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and presentation;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all colleagues, as a team member and team leader;
- Strong ability in office and information systems computer applications;
- Knowledge of Cree culture is an asset;
- Proven ability or potential to be effective in the Cree Nation;
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context that relate to First Nation health services.
- Fluent in English and French;
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
- Willing to travel extensively if working from Montreal (2weeks/2 weeks).
POSTING START/END DATE:
2021-06-15 / 2021-06-29
Yes, if based in Chisasibi and if hired more than 50 kilometers from the locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.
HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:
7 / 35
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for the management activities associated with this position.