In partnership with the Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement (CFHI), the First Nations Health Managers Association (FNHMA) announces that nominations for the ‘Excellence in Health Leadership Award – Leading Through Difficult Times’ are now open, recognizing that this past year in particular has been challenging on a global scale. The award is designed to recognize those who have exhibited a sincere and long-term commitment as well as leadership in First Nations health management in Canada, and that through their leadership and vision, they have been able to support their communities during these difficult times.
The recipient of the award will be recognized during the FNHMA National Virtual Celebration, on November 4th.
This is your chance to recognize a leader from your organization who has trail blazed outstanding achievements in First Nations health management!
Nominations must be submitted to FNHMA based on the award requirements.
Eligibility and Criteria: Nominees shall have:
- advanced health management capabilities in First Nation communities;
- demonstrated health leadership and health management expertise in their organization;
- evidence of modeling his/her own continuous learning and capacity development and supports continuous learning in his/her employees;
- demonstrated ability to respond and anticipate needs in times of crisis that support the health and wellbeing of the community
- evidence of work and action dedicated to health system improvement and innovation, particularly during times of crisis and
- demonstrated impact on community during these difficult times. *
To nominate a candidate for this prestigious award please email or fax an application to Marion Crowe, FNHMA Chief Executive Officer at email@example.com or fax: 613-319-8092 by Friday, October 9, 2020, 5:00pmEST, with the following:
Reasons for the Nomination:
A one to two-page document outlining why the nominee is deserving of the award, how the nominee has satisfied the eligibility and criteria and the following information about the Nominee:
- Telephone number
In your nomination, please include:
- Name and contact information of person(s) submitting the nomination form; and
- Two letters of support from leadership and/or partners.
The winner will be recognized at the FNHMA National Virtual Celebration on November 4th.
CFHI identifies proven innovations and accelerates their spread across Canada by supporting healthcare organizations to adapt, implement and measure improvements in patient care, population health and value-for-money. In the spirit of collaboration, CFHI honours and respects the key role of the FNHMA as a leader and professional organization for First Nations health system leadership.