Willow Cree Health Services Corp. P.O. Box 96 × Duck Lake, SK × S0K 1J0 Phone: (306) 467-4402 × Fax: (306) 467-4609
With direction from willow Cree Health Services (WCHS), the incumbent will support and adhere to the Mission/Vision of the organization to provide services to the community of Beardy’s & Okemasis Cree Nation (BOCN).
The Finance Coordinator for the Willow Cree Health Services (MCHS) oversees the finance department ensuring an adequate control structure is in place by following generally accepted accounting principles, WCHS policies, procedures and federal legislation. The Finance Coordinator will also engage in financial analysis in areas such as forecasting, budgeting, variance reports, cost reduction and operational performance. The Finance Coordinator will oversee finance staff that perform payroll benefits, accounts payables and receivables; reconciling of general ledger accounts, monthly bank statements, credit card statements as well as responsible for all moth-end and year-end adjusting journal entries. The Finance Coordinator will ensure sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operations and capital investment and report to management and engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of WCHS. The Finance Coordinator will work with auditors and respond to concerns regarding finances and operations to address deficiencies.
The Finance Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Health and Program Coordinators to prepare annual budgets for all programs in accordance with annual work plans and funding levels.
- Diploma in Business Administration/Management Studies (min) with at least five (5) years accounting experience in a First Nations setting.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Working knowledge of Contribution Funding Agreements, other funding agreements and audits
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing duties
- have excellent communication skills and enjoys being part of a team
- must have exceptional attendance and reliability
- understands the importance of confidentiality
- understanding of the Cree language and culture, an asset
- First Aid/ CPR Certification
- must have a valid SK driver’s license and reliable vehicle
Please submit your cover letter, resume and references to
Human Resources Coordinator : firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to apply is 3:00PM on Friday, April 13, 2021 CST
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone interviews accepted. Successful candidates will be subject to further screening checks (vulnerable sector check, SPIC, etc.)